Youtube

Youtube

สมาชิก

lovelystyle100@yahoo.com

Patriots notebook Tom Bradys looming return to Foxborough has already engulfed New England (120 อ่าน)

21 มิ.ย. 2566 12:08

It'll be the hosting the at Gillette Stadium on Sunday. And if you weren't paying too close attention, you may not even have realized that. Francois Beauchemin Jersey Even with a Week 3 game still in front of the Patriots, the return of with his defending Super Bowl champion has already engulfed the New England area. That's, of course, understandable given that this will be the quarterback's first visit to Foxborough as an opponent since leaving the franchise in the spring of 2020 following a two-decade run of dominance.That type of legacy that Brady left behind and the icy nature in which he split from Bill Belichick and the Patriots, certainly has this game in the discu sion as the most highly anticipated regular-season matchup of all time.But it's not just fans who are already looking ahead to this game as jabs have started to come out, particularly from the Brady camp. When asked by this week if he believes his son feels vindicated after winning a title in his first year away from Belichick and the Pats, Tom Brady Sr. said: "Damn right. Bill Belichick wanted him out the door, and last year he threw 56 touchdowns. I think that's a pretty good year."And it wasn't just Tom Sr. beginning to put the Patriots in the cro shairs, Brady's trainer, busine s partner and close friend, Alex Guerrero, also from New England when speaking to Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald. "It was like Bill never really ... I think his emotions or feelings never evolved with age," Guerrero told Guregian. "As Tom got into his late 30s or early 40s, I think Bill was still trying to treat him like that 20-year-old kid that he drafted. And all the players, I think, realized Tom was different. He's older, so he should be treated differently. And all the players, none of them would have cared that he was treated differently." Pick Six Newsletter Crafted By The Best NFL Experts Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings. I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There was an error proce sing your subscription. While Brady himself has yet to really dive into this subject publically, it's pretty safe to say that Brady Sr. and Guerrerro -- arguably the two closes men in his life -- are echoing the quarterback's thoughts. Naturally, it'll be fascinating to see if either Brady or Belichick will truly dive into this subject once they completely zero in on each other next week. Regardle s, things seem to be reaching a fever pitch and we're nowhere close to kickoff."I know there's a lot of interest for obvious reasons in next week's game, but we're focused on Saints here, and on Monday we'll get to next week," Belichick said Friday when asked to respond to Guerrero's comments. What I want to see, however, is Matt Duchene Jersey how that game impacts Week 3. Both Brady (facing the in L.A.) and Belichick (facing the Saints at home) have been legendary for taking no opponent too lightly and never looking ahead. Does that change now that they have each other next on the schedule for the first time ever? I mean, they are human after all.One of the early nitpicks with this Patriots offense led by rookie Mac Jones is the lack of a deep ball. Jones' ADOT (average depth of target) currently sits at 5.7, which ranks 27th in the league, according to Pro Football Focus. New England has also yet to throw the football into the end zone. Despite that, and isn't holding a ton back from him offensively even if he only has two starts under his belt. While New England would certainly like to mix in a few more deep shots, protecting the football is paramount and is something Jones has handled quite well through two weeks.As it relates to a deep ball being injected into this offense, it'll likely only be a matter of time before that wrinkle becomes more prevalent. It may be a small sample size, but Jones has shown flashes in that area. He's completed three of his five pa ses 20+ yards down the field this season with an ADOT of 23.2. We've also seen Jones have nice touch in tight windows on sideline throws over these last two games, including this pa s last week to . rookie QB Mac Jones could not have put this ball in a better position. Josh Edwards (@EdwardsCBS) Jones also had a number of impre sive deep throws in the preseason -- like this throw to against Washington -- that should have been hauled in. Mac Jones put this ball right on Kristian Wilkerson' Joe Colborne Jersey s hands (and only where the WR could catch it). Bama Sportz (@Bamasportz) Jones clearly has the ability and has shown a willingne s at times to take the calculated risk of going deep. As the rookie continues to get more comfortable within the NFL and the Patriots system, New England's pa sing attack should grow with their young QB.The Patriots were in the quarterback market over the past two years and ultimately decided against aggre sively going after , who was available both times. Now, they'll get to face off against him on Sunday as the starting Paul Kariya Jersey quarterback of the New Orleans Saints. Despite not making a push to have him as his starter, Bill Belichick did praise the 27-year-old leading up to this Week 3 matchup. "He's a really good quarterback," the head coach said of Winston on Wednesday." He threw for 5,000 yards in Tampa, so it's not like this guy isn't that productive. He's big. He's strong. He's accurate. He's got a good touch on the ball. The offense that he ran at Tampa is a lot different than the offense he's running in New Orleans, but I think fundamentally he's just a big, strong guy that can throw the ball accurately. He's very good down the field. He's a tough guy to tackle. He's strong in the pocket. He can make every throw on the field. I mean, he's pretty good."Of course, what likely prevented the Patriots from truly pursuing Winston was his turnover rate. For his career, Winston has 90 interceptions and 50 fumbles. Being that loose with the football won't get you on Belichick's radar. That said, Winston is a fascinating what-if scenario had New England been able to sign him and coach some of those turnovers out of him.On Thursday, Saints star defensive end Cam Jordan seemed to put the spotlight on Bill Belichick. When asked about his impre sion of a coach of Belichick's stature, Jordan had a comment that raised a few eyebrows. "He's a top tier coach that will clearly do anything to win," said Jordan, as transcribed by . "Take that how you want.Of course, Jordan could actually have been giving Belichick a compliment here, but the implication is that he's pointing to New England's various cheating scandals over his tenure. While this does seem to be coming out of left field by Jordan, it's always fun to have some bulletin board material heading into a game.The Patriots announced this week that they will honor recently retired wide receiver Julian Edelman during halftime of Sunday's matchup with New Orleans. The three-time Super Bowl champion announced his retirement last spring after spending his entire 12-year NFL career with the Patriots. He is second all-time in franchise history in receptions (620), fourth in receiving yards (6,822) and ninth in receiving touchdowns (36). Edelman is also second all-time in NFL history with 118 postseason receptions, only looking up to Jerry Rice. "He had a tremendous career," Belichick said on Edelman. "He had tremendous production in every area. Receiving and running after catch and punt returns and was a good blocker. Really tough, competitive kid. Right up there at the top of the guys that I've coached, and so it'll be great to see Julian a suming that he doesn't like roast me or get into a big impersonation, but it'll be great to see him again and recognize him for the great career that he had here and how much he meant to this team, this organization, and how much he stepped up for us in big games, you know, year after year, week after week."Can Tom Brady win his eighth Super Bowl at age 44? If you're a Brady fan, it's time to get a new jersey featuring Rene Bourque Jersey No. 12. .
Click here Click here Click here

Youtube

Youtube

สมาชิก

lovelystyle100@yahoo.com

ตอบกระทู้
CAPTCHA Image