Youtube

Youtube

สมาชิก

lovelystyle100@yahoo.com

Mike Ditka champions the idea of the Jaguars adding Tim Tebow to roster to play tight end heres why (219 อ่าน)

21 มิ.ย. 2566 12:13

Tim Tebow has received plenty of in his pursuit to play tight end for the . Tebow, 33, has had multiple workouts for the Jaguars and head coach Urban Meyer, who won two national championships with Tebow as his quarterback at the University of Florida. A former quarterback, Tebow has not played in a regular-season game since 2012.While Meyer has played it coy after multiple reports that a is in the works, Mike Ditka -- a Hall of Fame tight end who also coached the to a Super Bowl victory Philadelphia 76ers Jersey -- would support the Jaguars giving the former Heisman Trophy winner a shot."Absolutely," Ditka told . "Listen, I think he's a good enough athlete. I think he deserves a shot. I'd give him a shot. No problem."Ditka, who earned five Pro Bowl selections in Chicago before winning a Super Bowl with the , played in a much different league. In Ditka's era (the 1960s and early '70s), tight ends did substantially more Clarence Weatherspoon Jersey blocking. Sure, Ditka and several other tight ends in his era (Baltimore's John Mackey comes to mind) were formidable pa s-catches -- but a tight end's role was to be a blocker first and a receiver second. That's not the case today, which is one main reason why Ditka feels that Tebow could be succe sful. "The tight end today, they don't call on them to do a whole heck of a lot of blocking anymore," Ditka said. "He's basically a receiver. So I think Tebow would be very, very capable and will probably do a good job in that area. I don't see any problem with it."Now, if it was the tight end of 20 years ago where you had to block defensive ends, I think it's a bit different. But they don't have to do that anymore. They flank 'em out there, split 'em out five yards and they run routes. He's a good enough athlete where he Maurice Cheeks Jersey can beat those guys in the secondary. And I think he'll be a darned good one."Bell also asked fellow Hall of Fame tight ends Kellen Winslow and Shannon Sharpe, as well as Super Bowl champion Rick "Doc" Walker, to weigh in on Tebow's prospects at tight end. Winslow, a key cog in Don Coryell's innovative offense Timothe Luwawu Jersey with the 1980s , believes that Tebow has the athleticism to play tight end in today's NFL. Walker, whose blocking helped John Riggins run circles around Miami in Super Bowl XVII, feels that Tebow's work ethic would further increase his odds at succe s. What does succe s mean for Tebow? For Sharpe, succe s for Tebow likely won't be measured by statistics. Rather, it might just be Tebow making the Jaguars' 53-man roster. Given his relationship with the coach, Sharpe feels that Tebow has a decent shot at playing tight end when the season begins."I think there's a greater than 50% chance that he makes the team, simply because of where he is," said Sharpe, the first tight end in NFL history to reach 10,000 career receiving yards. "He's from Jacksonville. And he really helped that head coach get on the map in winning two national championships at the University of Florida."What do we always say: It's not what you know. Sometimes, it's not even how good Charles Barkley Jersey you are. It's who you know."
Click here Click here Click here

Youtube

Youtube

สมาชิก

lovelystyle100@yahoo.com

ตอบกระทู้
CAPTCHA Image