cemkrete

cemkrete

สมาชิก

lovelystyle100@yahoo.com

Ranking NFLs remaining head coach openings after Cowboys hire Mike McCarthy (104 อ่าน)

26 ก.พ. 2567 09:37

With Jason Garrett finally,and , the field is now set. There are three head-coach openings in the NFL in 2020 after a total of five (Washington and Dallas having filled theirs) came open.This comes one year after there were eight head-coaching openings in the league, a sign that teams were willing to be more patient than in recent years after franchises like Atlanta and Jacksonville held off.Carolina has had an opening the longest, dating back to when owner David Tepper fired Ron Rivera on Dec. Lauri Markkanen Jersey 3 to get a jump on things. Since then, the , , and have come open (and in Dallas' case, shut), in that order.Now for another order. I decided to rank these jobs in order of desirability. Not all of these gigs are created equally, and here's where it shows. 1. New York GiantsI wrote this week that the Giants like before and think they'll land their big fish. I still believe that. This gig does not have the same cache it did even five years ago.It's true that it's clearly the best job available, but that may have more to do with the two jobs beneath it. For example, had Arthur Blank pulled the trigger on Dan Quinn, New York would not be No. 2 on this list. The Giants have their quarterback of the future in , and he's locked up on his rookie deal for another three seasons before we begin talking about a fifth-year option and beyond. should return to form in Year 3 after that high-ankle sprain suffered in October had him looking le s than until late in December. Then there's a lot of young talent in the defensive backfield that has to take a step up next year in order for the Giants to be competitive.One pro to this job is the likely security it will bring. I recognize that's an odd thing to say after the Giants have fired their previous two head coaches after two seasons, but that's actually the reason why. John Mara Luke Kornet Jersey captains this proud franchise and can't po sibly want to make this next coach into another McAdoo or Shurmur by the end of 2021. The next head coach will likely get a five-year contract and see much more of it than his two predece sors.And yet another thing that isn't popular to say on the internet but I'm going to do it anyway: I, too, don't believe that Dave Gettleman is difficult to work with. I do believe that, once you get to know him, you warm to him. That's what I've heard from employees from the two franchises he's been GM of the last several years. (Agents of impending free agents certainly have different experiences, to be clear.) But that doesn't mean the perception isn't there. And it doesn't mean that fears will be alleviated in the time it takes to interview once or twice. Gettleman has done himself no favors in his public speaking, and simply relying on his record has become tougher to do as Carolina's 2015 season gets smaller in the rearview mirror. None of this is to say that Baylor's Matt Rhule will drop everything to go to New York. Just because this is the top remaining job of the new decade doesn't mean Rhule will improve his life or standing by taking this job. But with the young pieces on this Giants team, plus the changes being made in football operations and the apparent willingne s by Mara and Steve Tisch to hear out the next coach on what changes he thinks should be made in the personnel department, this job is clearly No. 1 on the list now that the Cowboys have filled their opening.2. My apologies to Charlotte and Panthers fans everywhere. Earlier this week on Twitter I ranked you behind the Cleveland Browns in this lineup. I meant it then, but after the firing of John Dorsey and Jimmy Haslam shouting from the rooftops what kind of NFL team owner he is, I can't go on without admitting this mistake.The Carolina job is better and more desirable than the Browns.But for as many pros as the Carolina job offers, there are just as many cons or, rather, uncertainties for a prospective new head coach. Pros: You take over a franchise that has an overall history of mediocrity but is still not far removed from the greatest stretch in its history. You have the ability to build another consistent winner and reach new heights with the organization. You're in a city with a great climate, livable and great for family life. You have the richest owner in the NFL willing to pour resources into analytics and facilities (as well as likely your contract).But there are two big unknowns Michael Jordan Jersey with this franchise. First and foremost, you do not know with any level of certainty who will be your quarterback on Week 1 of the 2020 season. The Panthers have three quarterbacks under contract and it has been proven beyond a doubt that and are not fit to be the guy come Labor Day. has one year remaining on his deal, will be 31 this season and is coming off foot surgery. It is still unclear whether Tepper will keep or trade Newton. And in the event Newton isn't on the team, you truly don't know who your quarterback will be, which is the most daunting thing that could face a brand-new head coach.Secondly, Wendell Carter Jr. Jersey the personnel structure is still unclear in Carolina. Tepper wishes to add an a sistant GM/president of football operations. That person will work with GM Marty Hurney, who may or may not still retain full GM power. That person will also be picked by a group that will include Hurney and the new head coach. But who reports to whom and how that work flows through will have to be determined. No one could blame the new head coach for wondering if he can buy the groceries and cook the meal. Not knowing who the most important player on your team will be while also not knowing who all of your bo ses will be and how they'll work together isn't the easiest sell.3. Cleveland BrownsIn some alternate universe, Dan Snyder continued his communications busine s and never bought the Washington NFL team in 1999. And in that universe, Jimmy Haslam is the worst owner in the NFL.We know that's not the case. Haslam is just the second-worst. Snyder has picked Ron Rivera to be his next head coach, and thus the Cleveland Browns have the worst job opening of them all. Haslam is about to be on his sixth head coach and sixth general manager since taking over the Browns in 2012. At this point, his serial dating with coaches and GMs is comical to anyone not in Browns colors. There is no loyalty from ownership, and that makes it impo sible for any coach with options to take.At least there's talent, right? took a big step back in his sophomore year but he's not unsalvageable. At least for now, the Browns have , , and Jr. We a sume will be able to play Week 1 and the defensive backfield has and young stud . The top six-to-eight players on this roster are about as good as any in the league.It appears Paul DePodesta has won the tug-of-war in the front office. Similar to the Panthers, what will the structure be? Who will report to whom and will the head coach have any say in the new general manager or personnel structure? And, honestly, how well will all this work with DePodesta still working from his California home? Tugging at every Chandler Hutchison Jersey coaching candidate for this job will be the allure of turning the franchise around and getting the Browns back to glory. But that's what Pat Shurmur thought, too. And Rob Chudzinski. And Mike Pettine. And Hue Jackson. Freddie Kitchens, too. And Haslam fired them all rather quickly.A coach's ego will make the person believe they can turn this around. But recent history tells you that's a fool's errand. Imagine having all this talent and still being the worst job available.
Click here Click here Click here

cemkrete

cemkrete

สมาชิก

lovelystyle100@yahoo.com

ตอบกระทู้
CAPTCHA Image